What's new

Netgear RAX20/RAX15 AX1800 Wi-Fi Routers

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Internet Man

This device just hit the FCC and WikiDevi has the details: https://wikidevi.com/wiki/Netgear_RAX20

Chips might be Broadcom BCM6755 for the CPU and both radios or a Qualcomm IPQ8070 + QCN50x4 like the EnGenius EWS357AP. Intel has a dual 2x2 offering but all other known devices using this claim to be AX3000 thanks to 160MHz channel bandwidth.

The RAX15 is supposedly identical but it might be feature-limited through a software change.

I hope it's Qualcomm-based

Better firmware. NG routers that are Qualcomm-based have more trouble-free firmware (I guess because Qualcomm uses OpenWrt as its SDK). Their Broadcom models suffer a lot if you daily visit the NG forum full with reports about issues, sometimes major ones

Also, if I'm not mistaken, Qualcomm uses in-silicon packet processors (at least my R7800 does) instead of relying on CTF that gets disabled if you use specific features. I could be mistaken, tho

Last edited: