Review NETGEAR RAXE500 Nighthawk Tri-Band WiFi 6E Router Reviewed

• ATTENTION! As of November 1, 2020, you are not able to reply to threads 6 months after the thread is opened if there are more than 500 posts in the thread.
    Threads will not be locked, so posts may still be edited by their authors.
    Just start a new thread on the topic to post if you get an error message when trying to reply to a thread.
Product Review

thiggins

Mr. Easy
Staff member
netgear_raxe500_product.jpg
NETGEAR's RAXE500 Nighthawk Tri-Band WiFi 6E Router is the most expensive 6E router right now, but delivers good performance on all bands.

Continue reading on SmallNetBuilder

Last edited:

Gabebear

New Around Here
I see you recommending the RAXE450, Netgear’s website doesn’t list 1024QAM on the RAXE450, they only list 256QAM… I’m super confused on what the differences between the RAXE450 and RAXE500 are.

thiggins

Mr. Easy
Staff member
The difference is shown in the side by side spec difference graphic. They are just limiting the maximum link rate for the E450 on the 2.4 and 5 GHz radios.

Since you only achieve 1024 QAM with very strong signals, I don't think it would make a big difference in real life.

Gabebear

New Around Here
That is such a bizarre thing to differentiate on… I’m just having a hard time believing that is the only difference.

thiggins

Mr. Easy
Staff member
That is such a bizarre thing to differentiate on… I’m just having a hard time believing that is the only difference.
Not so unusual. It's what NETGEAR has done on other Costco-exclusive products.

FCC documents cover both routers, so they are the same design.