What's new

Netgear WN2000RPTv3

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

4glte lover

New Around Here
I have a Motorola SBG6580 Modem/Router and a Netgear WN2000RPTv3 connected to it with a green indicator light. The Netgear WN2000RPTv3 Range Extender constantly drops internet connection on my devices except for my Windows 8 laptop. I have tried same and different ssids, giving it a static ip, letting it get its ip automatically from the router, giving my devices a static ip, power cycling, and factory resetting on the Netgear Extender but none of these seem to work. How should I fix this? Thanks in advance for any suggestions and help. :)

1. By chance do you have an legacy devices (802.11b / 802.11g) wirelessly connecting to your SBG6580?
  2. What wireless security type are you using?

I would submit a help ticket with Netgear Support via the support portal at my.netgear.com.

Also, I usually stay with the same brand wireless chips between wifi routers and extenders. Your SGB6580 uses a Broadcom BCM4322, while the WN2000RPTv3 uses a Qualcomm-Atheros AR9341.

1. By chance do you have an legacy devices (802.11b / 802.11g) wirelessly connecting to your SBG6580?
  2. What wireless security type are you using?

I would submit a help ticket with Netgear Support via the support portal at my.netgear.com.

Also, I usually stay with the same brand wireless chips between wifi routers and extenders. Your SGB6580 uses a Broadcom BCM4322, while the WN2000RPTv3 uses a Qualcomm-Atheros AR9341.
I enabled a hidden dhcp server on the extenders settings and used my wifi ssid_EXT at first this didn't work so I just tried changing the main router's channel to 6 from 11 and the extender automatically changed from 11 to 6 as well because it has only 1 wifi radio and instantly I had internet access. I would like, if possible, to have one ssid. My question is should it keep the connection if I left them on channel 6 but disabled the dhcp server on the extender and gave it the same ssid as the original router? Or should I just forget using the Extender and use a Netgear WNR1000V3 as an ap?

Last edited: