1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Network configuration

Discussion in 'Asuswrt-Merlin' started by Srecko, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Srecko

Srecko New Around Here

I need help in transforming current network configuration to something like what I put on picture bellow.
    There is plenty of scripts I found on forum that partially helps but in general when I try to configure it using parts of different scripts for complete setup I got stuck due to lack of experience.
    What would be best approach to solving this configuration and do you have some example scripts to share?[​IMG]
    Edit: Merlin Firmware on all devices.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
  2. ColinTaylor

ColinTaylor Part of the Furniture

TBH as this looks like an office environment I'd buy some smart switches that actually support VLANs, rather than trying to botch something together using unofficial scripts. The N66U's are unsupported by Merlin now and don't provide AC WiFi, but they could be kept as simple access points.

3. Srecko

Srecko New Around Here

Its not really an "office" enviroment beside main office part and there is 30+ meters of distance between devices with single utp connection between locations.
    True, smart switches and access points would make it easy but this is only hardware I got to use.
    There is just few devices connecting to every router/ap and no need for better wifi but just need to keep it all clearly separated.

4. ColinTaylor

ColinTaylor Part of the Furniture

Something like this is worth considering IMHO given how cheap it is.