1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Network Diagnostics on the app failing

Discussion in 'ASUS Wireless' started by Raoul, Jan 22, 2019.

1. Raoul

Raoul Occasional Visitor

I have a ASUS RT-AC86U with Merlig installed on it.
    I am using the ASUS app from my hone to handle it - and its working but....
    When I go to "Network Diagnostics" and I do a scan I pass the first part "Your device" with a "V" but get an "X" on the second check "Asus router". (see attached picture)
    It does not continue to the next 2 checks

I get a message: "Please ensure that your ASUS router is turned on and your device is connected to the correct Wi-Fi network."
    asus_network_diag.jpg

I have a second question that might relate to this issue:
    I have a schedule set up to limit my children to use the internet at certain hours. Some times I want to block / allow the internet not according to schedule.
    On the App , I go to family and then press the Pause button near the child's name and I get this message:
    "Broken Network will clear all schedule block settings. Do you want to continue?"

I do not want to delete the schedule - is this possible? does this relate to the original issue?