What's new

Network Diagnostics on the app failing

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Raoul

Occasional Visitor
I have a ASUS RT-AC86U with Merlig installed on it.
I am using the ASUS app from my hone to handle it - and its working but....
When I go to "Network Diagnostics" and I do a scan I pass the first part "Your device" with a "V" but get an "X" on the second check "Asus router". (see attached picture)
It does not continue to the next 2 checks

I get a message: "Please ensure that your ASUS router is turned on and your device is connected to the correct Wi-Fi network."
asus_network_diag.jpg

I have a second question that might relate to this issue:
I have a schedule set up to limit my children to use the internet at certain hours. Some times I want to block / allow the internet not according to schedule.
On the App , I go to family and then press the Pause button near the child's name and I get this message:
"Broken Network will clear all schedule block settings. Do you want to continue?"

I do not want to delete the schedule - is this possible? does this relate to the original issue?

I have a ASUS RT-AC86U with Merlig installed on it.
I am using the ASUS app from my hone to handle it - and its working but....
When I go to "Network Diagnostics" and I do a scan I pass the first part "Your device" with a "V" but get an "X" on the second check "Asus router". (see attached picture)
It does not continue to the next 2 checks

I get a message: "Please ensure that your ASUS router is turned on and your device is connected to the correct Wi-Fi network."
View attachment 15991

I have a second question that might relate to this issue:
I have a schedule set up to limit my children to use the internet at certain hours. Some times I want to block / allow the internet not according to schedule.
On the App , I go to family and then press the Pause button near the child's name and I get this message:
"Broken Network will clear all schedule block settings. Do you want to continue?"

I do not want to delete the schedule - is this possible? does this relate to the original issue?
I have the same problem has you have. Have you found a solution to the problem?