What's new

Network fails when connecting Asus AP to AIMesh Node

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

hemandk

New Around Here
So this is how my network setup is:

1651574211639.png

If connect the Asus AC68U to the CD6 Mesh Node, then the network fails complete, both the Mesh Node and then AC68U.
1651574334161.png

Anybody that has a good idea why that is?

I have ordered some cables so I can try and bypass the unmanaged 24 port switch, then it would be:
AC86U->Zenwifi CD6 -> Asus AC68U

Hmm ... why do you have two "routers" in this diagram? Where is the actual internet egress connection?

I kind of suspect you might be creating a circular forwarding loop that's breaking things, but it's hard to tell with no details about how the CD6's are configured. In any case, it's highly unlikely that the switch is the source of your problems.

The AC86U is the AI mesh router and internet comes in at the ac86u.

What extra details do you need about CD6, they are AI mesh nodes so not much to setup to be honest.

I don't have two router. The CD6's both function as a mesh nodes. My text are misleading I guess. The CD6 comes as a pair with a router node and slave node, however in my case both are just acting as AI mesh nodes to the ac86u.

So are you sure you have both CD6's set up as plain access points (APs)? I'm suspicious that your "the router one" CD6 is trying to, well, route, and in this situation it shouldn't. Everything except the primary AC86U should be acting as a plain AP.

So this is how my network setup is:

View attachment 41076

If connect the Asus AC68U to the CD6 Mesh Node, then the network fails complete, both the Mesh Node and then AC68U.
View attachment 41077
Anybody that has a good idea why that is?

I have ordered some cables so I can try and bypass the unmanaged 24 port switch, then it would be:
AC86U->Zenwifi CD6 -> Asus AC68U
You are running AC68U as an AP mode. That's why.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!