What's new

Network Ping Graph

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

SilentStorm

Regular Contributor
Hello,

Does anyone know if an add-on for the Merlin Firmware that shows the network Ping?

The stock firmware on my ASUS ROG GT AC2900 had it, not sure if Merlin does.

Question, what should I be pinging exactly? My IP address? Because right now it's ping 8.8.8.8

Question, what should I be pinging exactly? My IP address? Because right now it's ping 8.8.8.8
Depends what you are trying to accomplish. Ideally you would want to ping another server somewhere on the internet. 8.8.8.8 is a google DNS server.

Depends what you are trying to accomplish. Ideally you would want to ping another server somewhere on the internet. 8.8.8.8 is a google DNS server.
Just trying to see network performance on a day to day usage. Nothing too specific. Any recommendations? Should I ping my IP address?

Just trying to see network performance on a day to day usage. Nothing too specific. Any recommendations? Should I ping my IP address?
I would recommend sticking with the defaults of pinging a google DNS server.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!