What's new

Network Services Filter

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

TheLyppardMan

Very Senior Member
I think I have read somewehere on this forum that the Network Services Filter won't work when Parental Control is being used.

I have a few devices on my network with Internet access time limits on them and when I tested the Network Services Filter the other day, it didn't block anything, so that seems to confirm that it's either one or the other but not both. Can anyone confirm this for definite? Also, if it is true, is it not possible to configure the firmware so that both can be used in tandem, as disabling the entire Network Services Filter just because part of the Parental Controls feature is being used doesn't make much sense to me? By the way, if it is true, does that mean that the URL & Keyword Filters are also disabled?

It doesn't seem to work, regardless of whether I have anything configured in parental controls or not.