What's new

Networking two Asus routers

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Yoshi

New Around Here
Hi all, i'm not the most tech savvy but can manage with good directions. Im trying to connect my Asus CM-32 AC2600 to my AC-3100 via CAT5. The AC2600 is the router, and the 3100 is my older router id like to use as a network connection for all my AV gear. If anybody could provide me with a basis step by step i'd be hugely grateful. Thank you.

Go into the older router configuration screen, choose administration, in operation mode tab choose access point (ap).

Hi all, i'm not the most tech savvy but can manage with good directions. Im trying to connect my Asus CM-32 AC2600 to my AC-3100 via CAT5. The AC2600 is the router, and the 3100 is my older router id like to use as a network connection for all my AV gear. If anybody could provide me with a basis step by step i'd be hugely grateful. Thank you.

If you log into the 3100 webUI at router.asus.com, the Administration\Operation Mode tab shows some router connectivity options. The wired backhaul option would be AP mode, wired 2600 LAN to 3100 WAN.

I think you can also simply use the 3100 LAN ports as a simple switch/hub, wired 2600 LAN to 3100 LAN, and disable the 3100 WiFi and DHCP Server and perhaps other items.

I've only used repeater mode and AiMesh, so someone else here might offer better advice. If all routers support AiMesh, you can setup a router node and remote node(s). You can also setup AiMesh in AP mode using just the remote node(s)... the site router would not be a node in the AiMesh.

OE

Last edited: