What's new

New AC3200

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

KennyB

Occasional Visitor
I recently purchased a new RT-AC3200. It is upgraded to the latest ASUS firmware. But when I try to flash it to Merlin, I am getting an error that tells my something along the lines of, the FCC doesnt allow flashing of 3rd party firmware. What can I do to "force-flash" the router with Merlin?

TIA!

Kenny

Which Merlin FW ? The old 380 or new 384 ? Try with new 384.4 , should work

I will give it a try this evening. I think I tried a newer FW before, but will try again and report back. Thanks!

I will give it a try this evening. I think I tried a newer FW before, but will try again and report back. Thanks!

Remember, if you upgrade the 3200 to 384.XX, you cannot roll back to any previous version ie 380.XX etc.

This is what I am currently running on this router. I just want to confirm that there should be no adverse reactions to upgrading to the Merlin FW.

asus-fw.png

TIA!

Kenny

This is what I am currently running on this router. I just want to confirm that there should be no adverse reactions to upgrading to the Merlin FW.

asus-fw.png

TIA!

Kenny
Shouldn’t be a problem. Make sure that you factory reset, after you upgrade and manually input all your settings.