New Asus wireless product...

• ATTENTION! As of November 1, 2020, you are not able to reply to threads 6 months after the thread is opened if there are more than 500 posts in the thread.
    Threads will not be locked, so posts may still be edited by their authors.
    Just start a new thread on the topic to post if you get an error message when trying to reply to a thread.

RMerlin

Asuswrt-Merlin dev

L&LD

Part of the Furniture
Wireless, yes. But also, useless too. :)

RMerlin

Asuswrt-Merlin dev
This can't be real. It is a joke right ?
It's an FCC filing, and these cost money, so no, highly unlikely to be a joke.

Might be a niche or research project, like that robot Asus developed a few years ago.

Tech9

Very Senior Member
Could be a Geiger Counter product. Quite usable after Fukushima disaster, unfortunately. :oops:

CriticJay

Isn't this the product you're talking about? Google is your friend :)

lagrave

Occasional Visitor
On a more serious note, when can one expect new high end Asus routers to be released? Anything like CES happening soon? Looking for a Broadcom based WIFI6e device. All current offerings are limited in one way or the other that makes them suboptimal for my use case.

L&LD

Part of the Furniture
@lagrave what are your unique/specific needs? September/October is usually when we get a hint of new models coming.

Nothing is expected (by me at least) in the next half year though.

lagrave

Occasional Visitor
@lagrave what are your unique/specific needs? September/October is usually when we get a hint of new models coming.

Nothing is expected (by me at least) in the next half year though.
6e, tri-band, support for Merlin, modern USB-ports (3.2), support for HFS+ or APFS (but I think all modern Asus-routers do that).