What's new

New computer, can't access 1.92.168.1.1/

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

inPicton

Regular Contributor
Not able to log into ASUS 87u.
Am assuming it's because it's not recognizing new hardware, or something like that. All I did was plug the Ethernet cable from router into the new box. All works fine except getting "unable to connect" message.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Paul.
in Picton, ON

Last edited:
Did you, if your setup uses a modem, power cycle the modem? Then after the modem is synced and on line connect the router to the modem and then turn on the router.

If that didn't work are you sure that the router's LAN IP is 192.168.1.1 ? The easiest way to find out is connect a device to the router and if it is a W10 device from the command line type in ipconfig and look and see what the gateway's IP address is. There are utilities for other types of devices that will also find your IP.

Did you, if your setup uses a modem, power cycle the modem? Then after the modem is synced and on line connect the router to the modem and then turn on the router.

If that didn't work are you sure that the router's LAN IP is 192.168.1.1 ? The easiest way to find out is connect a device to the router and if it is a W10 device from the command line type in ipconfig and look and see what the gateway's IP address is. There are utilities for other types of devices that will also find your IP.
Thanks for those suggestions dave14305 and CaptainSTX.
Turns out it's my VPN "Windscribe" which lets me access the router if I turn it off. I did restart the Modem and the 87u but with same result. It them occured it might be Windscribe. Turning off allowed me to access the 87u. Also allows me to access and install my Canon Pro-100 printer now.

Also using:
Asuswrt-Merlin

Am wondering if I should even bother using Windscribe. The firewall within 87u is turned on.
Regards, Paul.

Last edited:
Thanks for getting back to me teimmkvinn. As I recall, Windscrible VPN was active and blocking me. I flubbed my way through it. Thanks again!
Regards, Paul.