What's new

New disks not recognized on Asus AS-202T

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Bob the Builder

New Around Here
I have an Asus AS-202T with two disks, disk A and disk B, in it. No raid. And everything runs fine.

Now I want to ditch the two existing disks (and not care about the data on them) and replace them with two new disks: disk C and disk D. My goal is to end up with disk C and disk D in RAID 1, with no data on them.

Here's what I did:
1. Power off the AS-202T
2. Remove disk A and disk B
3. Replace them with disk C and disk D
4. Power the AS-202T back on

However when I power it back on and go login, I am faced with this screen: https://imgur.com/a/5cI3kZw. Both disk C and disk D and brand new from reliable suppliers; both green LEDs on the drive trays are green.

I'm pretty sure both my NAS and my new disks are good. I'm guessing that Asustor has a specific migration procedure that I failed to follow.

What's the right way to do this? Thanks in advance.

Sometimes software was not up to date the main reason for this error. or you can switch on and off the can solve this solution. I'd face the same issue when I try this and I get the solution easily.