What's new

New forum styles - Dark Mode included!

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

thiggins

Mr. Easy
Staff member
You may have noticed that I've changed the site style again. The new styles are "Light" (default) and "Dark". The old "VB 3.X Fluid" style is also still available.

Change among the styles using the style picker at the bottom left of the screen
style_chooser.jpg
You can switch easily between dark and light modes by clicking on the Moon/Lightbulb icons there or in the user panel, top right of screen.
userpanel.jpg
The little switch in both panels lets you change a few options. Experiment and enjoy.

I just found the Style Chooser in the page footer... Fluid [still] works best for me color tone-wise. If I had the option, I'd switch the side menu to the left side with the page body on the right... a longtime standard convention.

Also just discovered that the Strict tracking prevention setting in the new MS Edge omits ALL ads. Normally I don't mind/notice ads, but lately all ads were for the same thing I was just researching online... so that gets annoying seeing multiple ads for the same damn thing I decided was not worth buying.

OE

Last edited:
This looks great nice work.

Looks great, love the dark mode. Nice and easy on the eye. Thank you.

I’m going to stick with Fluid due to easy access to the New Posts link (at least on an iPad). Loving the flexibility though!

I feel like I should pay rent since I spend so much time here. :D

Thank you for introducing the Dark mode, this is great!

For those using mobile devices, would it be possible to include “New posts” on the mobile bar at the bottom of the page instead of “What’s new”? Or have both options available if space allows? Having “New posts” as an option makes it easier to move to new posts without having to go all the way up to the Menu on upper left side of the screen to select “New posts” again (saves 2 clicks).

Thank you for considering.

Thank you for the Dark Mode option!! And for all of the other things you do....

It is appreciated.

THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU for dark mode!!! my eyes are happy and unsquinty and unfatigued.

Pop
You may have noticed that I've changed the site style again. The new styles are "Light" (default) and "Dark". The old "VB 3.X Fluid" style is also still available.

Change among the styles using the style picker at the bottom left of the screen
You can switch easily between dark and light modes by clicking on the Moon/Lightbulb icons there or in the user panel, top right of screen.
The little switch in both panels lets you change a few options. Experiment and enjoy.

Goodie goodie yum yum my tired old eyes thank you

I really like the new dark mode, but I have 2 minor annoyances:
* the difference between bold vs regular text for unread vs read is hard to see
* links are hard to see

Would it be possible to make both more visible by using (gray) colors?