What's new

New FW 3.0.0.4.220 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

1.Aicloud is great

2.There is still VPN problem, it seems it cannot automatically get the DNS after login into VPN, I need to manually assign the DNS in VPN setting in order to get online.

uPNP still sometimes crash (Router will reset) when using Windows media player.

It seems new firmware only add aicloud, not much bug fixed?

I am looking forward to Merlin FW. It the GRO enabled in FW 220 by default?

It seems new firmware have unstable connection. My 2.4 ghz frequently disconnect although it have good signal.

It becomes normal after flash back to merlin 178.16

Last edited:
It looks like some devices are having trouble connecting on channel 11 in 20mhz mode. The issue was resolved by moving to channel 1. Can anyone tell me why? I am assuming it is an issue in the new firmware since I did not have any problems before the update. Asus, please fully test your products before selling them. I don't think it is a wireless congestion issue.

Last edited:
It looks like some devices are having trouble connecting on channel 11 in 20mhz mode. The issue was resolved by moving to channel 1. Can anyone tell me why? I am assuming it is an issue in the new firmware since I did not have any problems before the update. Asus, please fully test your products before selling them. I don't think it is a wireless congestion issue.

Inssider says chan 11 is the least congested but other channels seem stronger wonder if there is a reason for this.

Set the 2.4 GHz to 40 MHz.
Change the auto-channel to Channel 3.
This will make it better.

For 2.4 ghz
I set 20 mhz and channel 3 and it was normal in previous fw
New fw got frequent disconnections with this setting, seems set to auto will be slightly better.

Is it related to new wireless driver?

It seems new firmware have unstable connection. My 2.4 ghz frequently disconnect although it have good signal.

It becomes normal after flash back to merlin 178.16
I have the same problem. Random breakdown of my complete network. Seems to me that FW 3.0.0.4.220 is a disaster!

Last edited:
For 2.4 ghz
I set 20 mhz and channel 3 and it was normal in previous fw
New fw got frequent disconnections with this setting, seems set to auto will be slightly better.

Is it related to new wireless driver?

The wireless driver in fw version 3.0.0.4.188 and 3.0.0.4.220 are the same.
= 6.30.39.31 (r341183)

The problem exist in both FW 188 and 220.

I noticed that u have A2 Hw for ac66u, mine is A1. Is it related?

Don't know what the different between HW A1 and A2 is on that product.

Set the 2,4 GHz to channel 3 and the Channel bandwidth to 40 MHz.
Does this solve the problem?

Yes. it did improves 2.4 ghz disconnection issue after switch to 40mhz from 20 mhz.

How come? Previous fw can select 20 mhz with no problem.

Yes. it did improves 2.4 ghz disconnection issue after switch to 40mhz from 20 mhz.

How come? Previous fw can select 20 mhz with no problem.

When using 40 MHz, then the router us using a wider frequency band for the wifi signal. Instead of only using channel 3, the router is using channel 3 and 9 for example.
When having the router set to 20 Mhz, then only one channel is used.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!