What's new

New GT-AX11000 firmware 3.0.0.4.384_9165

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384_9165
- Release Note -

- Fixed the VPN fusion exception list related bugs.
- Modified the Telnet/SSH setting UI message.
- Added printer enable/disable switch.
- Added port setting option in the remote log server setting.
- Fixed login bugs.
- Support router certificate export.
After import the certificate to the computer you will not see the warning message when login with https.
Please refer to https://www.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1034294/

I updated to 3.0.0.4.384_9165 on my GT-AX11000 and the GUI would not work. Tried a cold reboot, power cycle, etc. Would not come up (I eventually got to where it wanted a captcha), but it would not bring up the gui. Had to perform a factory reset. ASUS router FW sucks and their QA is garbage. I don't bother with cases any longer given their support team's complete ineptitude. We'll see how stable it is, not holding out hope given the upgrade was not smooth.

Last edited:
I updated to 3.0.0.4.384_9165 on my GT-AX11000 and the GUI would not work. Tried a cold reboot, power cycle, etc. Would not come up (I eventually got to where it wanted a captcha), but it would not bring up the gui. Had to perform a factory reset. ASUS router FW sucks and their QA is garbage. I don't both with cases any longer given their support team's complete ineptitude. We'll see how stable it is, not holding out hope given the upgrade was not smooth.
I have update the router and have no problem in the GUI. I hope it is stable FW.

I updated to 3.0.0.4.384_9165 on my GT-AX11000 and the GUI would not work. Tried a cold reboot, power cycle, etc. Would not come up (I eventually got to where it wanted a captcha), but it would not bring up the gui. Had to perform a factory reset. ASUS router FW sucks and their QA is garbage. I don't both with cases any longer given their support team's complete ineptitude. We'll see how stable it is, not holding out hope given the upgrade was not smooth.

"※Notice: It is recommended to restore to factory default settings by pressing the reset button on the bottom of the wireless router for 5 seconds after doing a firmware update."

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1008000/

Especially relevant advice for new firmware that is still being improved.

OE

"※Notice: It is recommended to restore to factory default settings by pressing the reset button on the bottom of the wireless router for 5 seconds after doing a firmware update."

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1008000/

Especially relevant advice for new firmware that is still being improved.

OE

Yep - I did that, it is working now. Fortunately I was able to restore settings. It's a bit tedious to reconfigure from scratch if you have 4 mesh nodes, 10 or so DHCP address, DDNS set up, and have labeled all devices. There are a number of other minor settings I change, but in general, I likely have far less to configure from scratch that most folks. Fortunately, I saved the config settings just prior to updating.

@Gooch4130, keep using the configuration as-is while it works. :)

However, if you have further issues, don't import your saved config file next time. As you effectively undid the goodness the reset to factory defaults offered. :)

@Gooch4130, keep using the configuration as-is while it works. :)

However, if you have further issues, don't import your saved config file next time. As you effectively undid the goodness the reset to factory defaults offered. :)

Interestingly - I asked ASUS that question a while back and they indicated that it is okay to upgrade FW, factory default, then restore. I don't know that restoring a config necessarily impacts what the factory defaults offer (in my case I was at least able to get back in via the GUI on the new FW without the need to redo my entire network). It depends if the config you have conflicts with a setting that was updated/changed with the new FW.

I wonder if ASUS techs monitor this forum. They may be able to chime in with the exact technical answer. I think it's unreasonable to spend a few hours re-configuring an entire mesh network after any FW updates give you 'should' factory reset every time. I guess the alternative is to update FW less frequently or only if the new FW offers something worth upgrading for. I imagine most FW updates help stability to some extent even though it may not be listed in the change log.

'Okay' to restore saved backup config files, is not the same as 'optimal'. :)

Like I said, use it while it works. And keep this in mind if issues creep up. :)

'Okay' to restore saved backup config files, is not the same as 'optimal'. :)

Like I said, use it while it works. And keep this in mind if issues creep up. :)

Not saying their tech support is correct, but I just spoke with them (on chat) and they told me a) no need to factory reset after FW update (i had to in my case) and b) that if you do, restoring a config does not impact the factory reset.

Regardless, if I have trouble, I'll have to do what you have suggested unfortunately and reconfigure the entire setup. It's an hour or more of work; not exactly user-friendly.

Yep - I did that, it is working now. Fortunately I was able to restore settings. It's a bit tedious to reconfigure from scratch if you have 4 mesh nodes, 10 or so DHCP address, DDNS set up, and have labeled all devices. There are a number of other minor settings I change, but in general, I likely have far less to configure from scratch that most folks. Fortunately, I saved the config settings just prior to updating.

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/faq-nvram-and-factory-default-reset.22822/

Keep it simple.

OE

I appreciate the discourse :). Something RMerlin does not take into account in his thread is the multitude of 'system-level' settings that are not exposed to end users. Restoring a config should not alter any 'non-configurable' settings. It should simply restore user settings. If that post is entirely accurate, it begs the question as to the purpose of the ability to save the config to begin with. I imagine it's not often users reset routers to defaults without having performed an upgrade first, which according to that post, would render the saved CFG file useless.

I still feel we would need ASUS engineering on this thread to speak to not only the FAQ you posted but the impact for their specific routers and firmware. One would think that upgrading firmware does nothing unless proceeded by a factory defaults simply is not the case. Asus surely applies whatever settings are changed during the update otherwise why not make a factory default part of their FW update process? So many issues with that FAQ I don't know where to begin. Maybe @RMerlin would like to shed some light on our discussion. Again, I appreciate the back and forth we're having I think this may bring to light some questions others have.

No Asus engineers in site here. :)

This is a play it by ear process. Works? Done. Works wonky? Full reset (Nuclear, I might add. See the link in my signature below), with no importing old saved config files (even if they were done mere minutes ago). :)

So next time and to save time, add the factory default reset and omit the insults.

OE

So next time and to save time, add the factory default reset and omit the insults.

OE
I don't necessarily consider them insults, just unfortunate facts. FW should not be this poorly QA'd and I don't know if you've worked a case with their support team, but I'd be more than happy to share with you emails from prior cases - it's some of the worst in the industry (this is an opinion shared by many). A flagship product should not release unstable FW that requires a complete reconfig after each update. I am not sure what your standards are, but I hold companies to a higher standard than what I have seen from Asus on this product.

I am not sure what your standards are,

Fairly simple... if I buy it, I make it work as it is or I move on to something else.

OE

The most annoying thing is Asus chose a random 192.168.50.1 as default IP range once we reset to factory default on RT-AX88U and GT-AX11000. Whenever I reset it after new firmware update, it wreaks havoc with all my networking devices like assigning same IP to two devices. It also causes my NVR set to 192.168.1.x range to complain no internet unless rebooted even if RT-AX88U is on 192.168.1.1. I set up static IPs to 20 or so odd devices and yet after reboot, the changes are not saved. (This started happening after last 2 firmwares for both AX routers). My friend with AX11000 has exact same issues.
We both also have to enable reboot schedule as port forwarding stops working randomly with no error log. After nearly 1 and 1/2 years, these Asus routers are a bag of hurt. Excellent hardware held back by incompetent and unstable software.
I hope this firmware release solves at least the port forwarding bug.

PS: The previous firmware takes ages to resolve DDNS address and display login page when used with iOS safari. It’s a hilarious and random bug. Hope it’s the same login bug Asus has mentioned to be fixed in this release.

I don't use default IP ranges for myself or my customers. But I also configure the routers of line too. :)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!