What's new

New Office Setup - Networking advice

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Vondarkmoor

New Around Here
I am handling the IT build out for a small building of five executive offices plus a small conference room with a videoconferencing system. 30 users max. This is new construction so we are having brand new wiring done to a 100 port patch panel. The users all connect to the corporate network using VPN.
I was planning on a 25Mb cable modem handling the data as well as digital phones. We will need wireless APs too. Reliability is the most important concern.

What routers/APs would you recommend?

Thanks in advance.

Ian

For reliability....I love HPs ProCurve hardware. I recently did a small school system that outgrew their prior setup of several access points, they have about 40x laptops connected wirelessly around the school all day long.

http://h17007.www1.hp.com/us/en/products/wireless/index.aspx

Using an E-Series MSM controller (in above link)...to control 4 of the E series dual radio APs (in above link)...combined with a gigabit POE switch to power them.

It has performed solid as a tank for them. We also did a slightly larger installation using the same hardware (but more APs) in a jet engine repair plant..it has also done well for them.