What's new

New QNAP 2.5 GbE 5 port switch

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

thiggins

Mr. Easy
Staff member
qnap_qsw-1105-st.jpg

5 ports, unmanaged, $119 @ Amazon.

Yes, I'm using two of these with 2x RT-AX86U for 2.5GbE backhaul for the wired AiMesh and 2.5GbE supported devices (QNAP NAS). No issues since I plugged them in a month ago (or so).

Also, these are connected via 100' Cat5E Ethernet cable (and working at 2.5GbE speeds).

there’s also the new 2104-2t with 4 2.5gbe ports and 2 10/5/2.5/1gbe ports (and the 2s version with 2 sfp+ ports instead of base-t).

@John Davis, do you have the proper name and a link for that switch? Searching doesn't show anything for that model you indicate.

Thank you @ColinTaylor. I wasn't searching on google. Still not available/showing on amazon.ca. Even with the proper name used for searching. :)

I don't want information, I want to buy it. :)

Qnap seems to be having it’s usual issues with stock levels of new products - I had a long delay being able to actually get hold of an 1105 when they came out last year, so ordered a 2105 when they were announced, the NZ reseller originally was estimating delivery mid-july and then when that came and went they’re now predicting start of october.

could be worse though - we’re up to 6 months lead time of HP business laptops at work….

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!