What's new

New router - AC1900P or AC88U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

acropolis

New Around Here
Greetings all!

I currently have an Asus RT-N66u that has served me pretty well for quite a few years. However, I have started to see some slowdowns recently, probably due to the number of devices and types of services. I work from home and rely very heavily on solid wireless for Skype for Business (VoIP and screen sharing) and data sync streams (Office 365 suite with OneDrive, Outlook, and SharePoint Online). We dropped cable TV last year, so now we run about 15 or so devices at the same time (Xboxes, PS4, four Rokus, a Plex media server, two different printers, the home security system, laptops, and so on), and that number can grow to over 20 on the weekends. Teenagers feed on bandwidth more than food nowadays. But I digress....

It's time to upgrade ye olde router, and I am torn between two Asus devices: RT-AC1900p and RT-AC88u/RT-AC3100. Based on my comments above, which device would better suit my environment? In case it matters, Internet service is through Comcast/Xfinity on the Blast Pro tier (200/20) with a Netgear CM600 modem.

Last edited:
I ended up buying the RT-AC3100. So far, so good, but this weekend will be the true test. Thanks everyone for all of your input and advice. :)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!