What's new

New Router(S)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Robertus

Occasional Visitor
So at home I have:

Downstairs:

Virgin Media 250, going into an AC86U
TV
Apple TV
Xbox
Virgin TIVO

Upstairs (connected by powerline which is slow)

NAS (Synology)
PC

=====================================

I'm currently waiting for the AX6600 mesh kit, which will hopefully give me some significant backbone speeds and keep latency relatively low for gaming (PC).

I notice the other thread RE the AX6600 kit, but has anyone had hands on here - can we expect good things?

The powerline connection is probably going to be an issue (as it seems to be currently); can you not switch that out for an Ethernet cable?

My personal rule of thumb is: copper for infrastructure, airwaves for devices. In your case, while data is travelling over copper between the router and NAS, it has to change protocol twice to do that. (There are 4 pairs of wires in an Ethernet cable, but only one pair of electrical wires in a circuit -see the bottleneck/speed bump? 8 lanes of traffic down to 2). Open up a freshly paved, wider highway for your network traffic to flow on. If you do, your network/mesh will have a better chance of working as you desire...or better!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry - wire is a no go...would love a CAT6 backbone!

With the AX6600 pair, there would be no homeplug, I would use the AX backhaul.