What's new

New TM-AC1900 no wi-fi signal

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

cowsarecool5

New Around Here
After missing one of T-mobile's sales of the pre-owned TM-AC1900s I found one on Amazon for $60 listed as new. I was a little skeptical about the price but I thought maybe it was a refurb or something and I'd be happy to have one in any working condition. That was apparently too much to ask.

The web interface is speedy and responsive and works as expected. The problem I am facing is the wireless radios simply will not produce a signal. I have flashed a couple different versions of firmware and it doesn't make a difference, the result is always the same.

In the same room with direct line of sight to the router multiple devices lose the signal entirely after roughly 6 feet, and even inches away from the router do not get full signal strength. It is currently only functional as a rather expensive 5-port switch.

Before I send it back I wanted to see if any of you have any comments or suggestions, as these things are impossible to get for what I paid for it....apparently there's a reason for that.

broken HW, return it.
Used units like this (only TM got them new) have been sold in fully working condition much chaeper!

NOBODY NEVER refurbished a router, maybe remove little dust, but what do you think could be refurbished, they all look like new after years in a halfway clean household ...

Yeah I agree with you, I suppose I am just in mild denial and wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. It definitely feels like bad hardware. Hopefully t-mo will sell another batch of the used ones soon.

Yeah I agree with you, I suppose I am just in mild denial and wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. It definitely feels like bad hardware. Hopefully t-mo will sell another batch of the used ones soon.
Where we you located? I have one that works that I can sell.

After missing one of T-mobile's sales of the pre-owned TM-AC1900s I found one on Amazon for $60 listed as new. I was a little skeptical about the price but I thought maybe it was a refurb or something and I'd be happy to have one in any working condition. That was apparently too much to ask.

The web interface is speedy and responsive and works as expected. The problem I am facing is the wireless radios simply will not produce a signal. I have flashed a couple different versions of firmware and it doesn't make a difference, the result is always the same.

In the same room with direct line of sight to the router multiple devices lose the signal entirely after roughly 6 feet, and even inches away from the router do not get full signal strength. It is currently only functional as a rather expensive 5-port switch.

Before I send it back I wanted to see if any of you have any comments or suggestions, as these things are impossible to get for what I paid for it....apparently there's a reason for that.

1. A defective adapter: replace the adapter.
2. An anttena cable has been separated: open the router and connect it.
3. A defective router: return it.

I think your adapter is a defect. So many TM-AC1900 come with defective adapters.

Last edited:
After missing one of T-mobile's sales of the pre-owned TM-AC1900s I found one on Amazon for $60 listed as new.

Probably wasn't new - sounds like someone may have tried to convert it from TMO to a mainline device, and somehow messed up the calibration tables..

The TM-AC1900 is on the end of life list , I would return it and buy a router that will get some support.

The TM-AC1900 is on the end of life list , I would return it and buy a router that will get some support.
Hehe, they NEVER supported them, to say EOL is nothing more than a joke!

Others running as 68U will have support as long as they are supported and probably some more time as 66U_B1 has been published not long ago.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!