What's new

New to nas - interest with TVS 682 - question and suggestion.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Budi

New Around Here
Just know about NAS around 1 month ago.

After reading this forum , search youtube and read the product information about nas in both qnap and synology, I interest to use NAS for SOHO usage.

My plan is buying NAS to do as server with below usage :

1. for business = use as cloud for data storage, virtual machine and surveilance.
- cloud need to replace the usage of data sharing between 17 person
- virtual machine need after i upgrade computer in office - now they are coming all with window 10. meanwhile, we still need to use few software which can only be run under window xp. The user for this xp base software is only 7 person in 3 different location. probably need 2 virtual machine.
- cctv surveilance for 16 ipcam
- email server

2. for home purpose =
- use as cloud and home media server for 4k tv, komputer and laptop and few mobile phone.
- surveilance for 8 ipcam

After comparing, i interest with Qnap nas - tvs 682 - i3. Expected that it can be upgrade later if needed or at least can stand for more than 6 years.
Storage for business purpose may not exceed more than 500 GB.
Surveilance data - i don't know
Other for home application and spare.
All connection will use wifi or wireless, as I plan to place the nas at home and no wire installation.

In my country - Indonesia - there are only 1 dealer and they do not have ready stock for TVS 682. Must use indent order with delivery for around 8 weeks and their customer service seems not know much about nas. Also they don't offer any installation.

So my question :
- Does TVS 682 is suitable for my above requirement ? if not, can you suggest ?
- if suitable, does it easy to setup for someone without technical knowledge ? I mean setup for virtualization and surveilance ?
- also, if suitable, should i must buy all the m2, ssd and hd right away ? or can i start first with 2 hd and 1 ssd first ? or 4 hd only ?

Appreciate your help very much.