What's new

New to this

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

hkphooey

New Around Here
Hi guys
Now upgrading my UK BT Hub2 to an RT-AX86S AX5700, looking at the FW upgrade, will this be an advantage to me in layman's terms from original Asus FW?
Used mainly stream in HD all day literally and gaming Xboxes and pc's mainly over wireless .
I have FTTP gigabit connection.
ty

Welcome to the forums,

To answer your question, if all is running well with the default firmware and you do not require any of the features below I would argue why change it.

If however you are curious, or perhaps unaware of what you can do with Merlin's firmware here are a couple of links to whet your appetite:

Here is Merlins feature page,

Here are the addons you can run on it:

Welcome to the forums,

To answer your question, if all is running well with the default firmware and you do not require any of the features below I would argue why change it.

If however you are curious, or perhaps unaware of what you can do with Merlin's firmware here are a couple of links to whet your appetite:

Here is Merlins feature page,

Here are the addons you can run on it:

Many thanks, i have in the past used modded FW's for everything from tablets to routers so will look at this and consider what's best.
open VPN is of interest

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!