What's new

New WiFi 6 Asus Models

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Do we know how much these new pro models are going to cost ? I would bet it will be a very small market of buyers.

I expected more out of the AX88U PRO.. Kinda underwhelmed.

Theres no hardware level upgrade from GT-AX6000 at face value, but I'm hopeful the newer EE design improves performance at range.. GT-AX6000 sucks for me.. I tried two :confused:

WiFi Routers|WiFi 6|ASUS Global

New models on the Asus website. Also, @RMerlin was right, the likely reason the most recent version of the TUF AX5400 firmware is double the size is because there's an updated version called TUF AX6000.

TUF 5400 is BCM6750 based. TUF AX6000 essentially lists a BCM4912 A53.

Wonder if a V2 5400 will replace and cover both. Just have to disable half the BCM6715 2.4G Radio.

2.4GHz 4x4
5GHz 4x4

Processor
2.0 GHz quad-core processor

Layout is also a bit different in the rear I/O

Do we know how much these new pro models are going to cost ? I would bet it will be a very small market of buyers.

$350 for AX88U PRO? Just guessing they'll match previous MSRP.

GT-AX6000 MSRP has been recently lowered to $329 from $399.

AX86U PRO sells for $300 (weaker hardware design than both). I don't think theres anything special about the PRO models other than marketing to indicate superiority over previous model.

Edit: Actually.. GT-AX6000 is "superior" if specs are correct on the page.. 1x 3.0 USB.. What the hell..

RJ45 for 2.5 Gigabits BaseT for WAN x 1,
RJ45 for 2.5 Gigabits BaseT for LAN x 1,
RJ45 for Gigabits BaseT for LAN x 4,
USB 3.2 Gen 1 x 1

Front port was clearly removed looking at main product page :confused:

Edit 2:

Seems like BCM4912 is going to replace SoC options for more "mid range" products. Interesting, I wonder what the Radio config looks like given 6710 doesn't support 160mhz.

6715 disabled into 3x3 mode + first use of the 2x2 6705?

Last edited:
I'm between TUF-AX6000 and RT-AX88U PRO, which would you recommend? I compare the two and the latter only supports WiFi 6 (802.11ax)?

I'm between TUF-AX6000 and RT-AX88U PRO, which would you recommend? I compare the two and the latter only supports WiFi 6 (802.11ax)?
It supports all wireless protocols. Seems like marketing was lazy and didn't finish the job.

Still a little disappointing both newer releases have 1x 3.0 port.

Don't understand the cost cutting unless a second 2.0 port adds significant BoM cost at "X" units and they want to hit a certain price point.

Then I would argue against why the TUF AX6000 has 6 antennas, given the hardware spec is 4x4 + 4x4.. Unless marketing screwed up obviously.

It made sense on the previous TUF 5400 due to a 2x2 + 4x4 config. 4x4 + 4x4 with 6 antennas is just odd.

Last edited:
It supports all wireless protocols. Seems like marketing was lazy and didn't finish the job.

Still a little disappointing both newer releases have 1x 3.0 port.

Don't understand the cost cutting unless a second 2.0 port adds significant BoM cost at "X" units and they want to hit a certain price point.

Then I would argue against why the TUF AX6000 has 6 antennas, given the hardware spec is 4x4 + 4x4.. Unless marketing screwed up obviously.

It made sense on the previous TUF 5400 due to a 2x2 + 4x4 config. 4x4 + 4x4 with 6 antennas is just odd.
That's right. I remember the marketing said something along the lines of: "each antenna is fine tuned to the respective frequency."

There seems to be an almost 100 eur difference between the AX88U pro and TUF-AX6000.
Other than multi gig port and double amount of RAM, is there anything else the AX88U pro is better at?

Isn't RAM just helping with the amount of users and disc tranfer speeds?
Which one would provide the 'deepest' 2.4G coverage? Isn't more antenna's better? The AX6000 is cheaper but isn't more antennas better? Is it going to provide 'deeper' 2.4G support compare to the 88u pro or 86u pro?

Welcome to the forums @kdejaeger.

Although I haven't used the 'pro' models, from past RT vs. TUF comparisons, I would say the 'pro' in this case is the better router (as usual).

RAM helps more than just transfer speeds and amount of users.

More antennae would help if they were used.

Both are listed as 4x4:4, so I don't see what two more antennae are doing here.

The 2.4GHz band is a known commodity at this point. With specific laws and regulations of what the reach is allowed to be. They should be similar, given the effectively similar specs (RF).

I don't know what language that is, but what is the point of the video?

TUF-AX6000 is based on the MediaTek Filogic 830, which is a beast! I've seen tests comparing it to RT-AX88U Pro, and TUF-AX6000 wins in almost every category. The only weak point of TUF-AX6000 is slow USB speeds compared to RT-AX88U Pro.
1111.png

1112.png

Last edited:
MediaTek, enough said. 🙂

MediaTek, enough said. 🙂
Don't know what are you talking about, Filogic 830 is a really strong platform, TUF-AX4200 and RT-AX59U are also better devices than equivalent Broadcom-based solutions.

Okay.

Broadcom are also falling behind. Their Wifi 7 SoC is still using aging Cortex B53 cores ,while Qualcomm is moving to Cortex A73 for their Wifi 7 platform.

The MediaTek in question has OpenWrt development in progress making it even more interesting. I already have one MediaTek device running OpenWrt base firmware.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!