What's new

New with GT-AX6000

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

toall

New Around Here
I just own a GT-AX6000 and install a Merlin Firmware , any setup guide for the must essential/general configure steps ?

thanks

I just own a GT-AX6000 and install a Merlin Firmware , any setup guide for the must essential/general configure steps ?

thanks
If you're familiar with the classic Asus UI in getting your router up and running, the Asus-Merlin UI is mostly fairly similar, but builds on certain functions and features. Perfect for those who like to tinker, or utilize more more of its powerful features. But really, after installing, by default, it's pretty much ready to go right out-of-the-box. If you're looking to tinker, or figure out in more detail how something is supposed to work, feel free to drop a note and this community will be more than happy to help! :)

Welcome to the forum...

It is also a good practice to specify the Merlin Firmware version to make sure to get the propert assistance based on the installed version.

Why did you install custom firmware on your router to begin with? What do you want to do with it not available in stock Asuswrt firmware? Current stock Asuswrt 388_22525 for your router is newer and better base than what was used in Asuswrt-Merlin 388.1 release.

Why did you install custom firmware on your router to begin with? What do you want to do with it not available in stock Asuswrt firmware? Current stock Asuswrt 388_22525 for your router is newer and better base than what was used in Asuswrt-Merlin 388.1 release.
I also want to know what are the (critical) features you guys need with Merlin? Just bought one with ASUSWRT.

Just bought one with ASUSWRT.

GT-AX6000 or other model? If other model - it has to be one of the supported models first.

I also want to know what are the (critical) features you guys need with Merlin?

Compared to current Asuswrt 388 firmware for AX models - ability to run already existing custom scripts or your own, possibility for more advanced VPN configurations (VPN Director), easier to use DNS redirection (DNS Director, Asuswrt is Asus App only and limited), built-in Cake QoS option (limited by CPU capabilities though, incompatible with NAT acceleration), some additional tools (Wi-Fi Radar) and information/settings exposed (like in Tools section). If you don't need any of that or you are not interested in poking router's settings - stay on stock Asuswrt. Stock firmware also has Auto firmware update.

GT-AX6000 or other model? If other model - it has to be one of the supported models first.

Compared to current Asuswrt 388 firmware for AX models - ability to run already existing custom scripts or your own, possibility for more advanced VPN configurations (VPN Director), easier to use DNS redirection (DNS Director, Asuswrt is Asus App only and limited), built-in Cake QoS option (limited by CPU capabilities though, incompatible with NAT acceleration), some additional tools (Wi-Fi Radar) and information/settings exposed (like in Tools section). If you don't need any of that or you are not interested in poking router's settings - stay on stock Asuswrt. Stock firmware also has Auto firmware update.
Thank you! Yes it is GT-AX6000. No I don't plan to use those features. So I would stay with Asuswrt.

So I would stay with Asuswrt.

You have firmware option with features not present in Asuswrt-Merlin. It's currently in Beta, but coming at some point:

Some screenshots of what's new here: