What's new

Newbie Question bypass VPN

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

filterxg

New Around Here
I'm using a VPN on my ddwrt router, but I'm tired of the blocks on Netflix, so I'd like to have the local IPaddress of the streamer bypass the VPN. I don't think I want to set up a dmz as I want to keep my firewall rules, and I don't want to set up a second network as I want to keep access to my NAS.

I know Google is my friend on this but I seem to be using the wrong keywords. Every search gives me mostly results on bypassing VPN blocks... Not admitting defeat and bypassing the VPN entirely.

What settings do I need to research?

Thank you

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Sounds like a question for the DD-WRT forums. Look for information regarding "policy routing" or "split tunnelling".

Thank you I'm finding what I need now

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
This are two methods is use on Asuswrt routers you can look at here: https://github.com/Xentrk/netflix-vpn-bypass

I know DD-WRT did not come with ipset installed last time I used it. I had to side load it by asking for the binary on the forum. The ASN method may work with some minor mods on the DD-WRT.