1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Newbie question

Discussion in 'NETGEAR AC Wireless' started by mcr407, Jul 17, 2019.

1. mcr407

mcr407 New Around Here

First off newbie to the group. I bought an NG R7800 last week and set it up. FW is at 1.0.2.46 and was going to update it but read there are issues with it. I also saw there is a hot fix 1.0.2.63 but no mention of was it fixes. I've considered doing a custom FW but need information on the Voxel FW. I see there are multiple files, do I need to install them all or just the R7800 V1.0.2.67?

2. RMinNJ

RMinNJ Regular Contributor

For voxel's I just installed the firmware file like you listed..im on .66 and have no issues. But I dont do anything advanced.

If you go with stock .. You just purchased it so you have 90 days of support to report an issue and work a support case...

mcr407 likes this.
  3. e38BimmerFN

e38BimmerFN Very Senior Member

NG posts release notes, all be it vague: :oops:
    https://kb.netgear.com/000061069/R7800-Firmware-Version-1-0-2-63-Hot-Fix

There is a a v67 available as of yet.