What's new

Newbie: Switch Internet Problems

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ryanm

New Around Here
Hi...so I have had a WNDR3700 for awhile (thinking about upgrading to R6300) anyways I just bought a FS726tp. I have the modem going to internet port on wireless router and DHCP. I have wired ethernet from router to switch on regular ports. I disabled DHCP on switch and have it as a static IP. I am getting wireless access, and my IP cameras which are POE from the switch are on and are networked and accessible wirelessly. The switch also recognizes the ethernet from the router. But I don't have wired internet. Also my desktop does not recognize the ethernet cable is connected to the switch. What info do you need?

What IP address information are your clients showing? Are the link and activity lights lit at the switch port and client?

Well now, maybe after all the resets, there is wired and wireless internet.
Also found out my wifes laptop had a static ehternet ipv4 set for some reason. Now I think the main reason I was having a problem in the first place with my desktop is a problem with the wiring, as neither the desktop nor the laptop work when plugged into the wall. the company responsible for that is coming back out anyways.

Meant to post this days ago...sorry and thanks!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!