What's new

NextDNS deactivate command not working and problems on Samsung tablet

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Dan567

New Around Here
For debugging purposes, I am trying to temporarily stop NextDNS on my RT-AX88U router running Asuswrt-Merlin.

I have read that you should be able to use the "nextdns deactivate" command to do this.

When I run that command after ssh to my router, the "nextdns status" command still says running.
Also, I don't see anything different in the log file when I use "nextdns log".
Is there any way to know if it is working?
Also, I believe the login to the quicken.com website from my WiFi only Samsung tablet is still being blocked by NextDNS.
I am pretty sure that NextDNS is blocking it because I can login to quicken.com on my Samsung cellphone when I turn off WiFi and turn off Private DNS.

The weird thing is that I can login to quicken.com on my computer using NextDNS without any problems, even though it is also connected to the same router.

I have already added several items to the NextDNS Allowlist to allow logging in to quicken.com on my Mac.
I don't see any other entries in the Logs tab on the NextDNS website that would be affecting quicken.com login.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks
Dan