What's new

NextDNS

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

keef

Hello. Installing NextDNS I entered a saved ID and the setup seemed to go ok. From the my.nextdns.io page it says "This device is not using NextDNS.". I entered the DNS servers manually and I still get the same message. It says I'm using ”AMANAHA-NEW” as DNS resolver. I have no idea what that is!

I am using Merlin.

thanks

Hello. Installing NextDNS I entered a saved ID and the setup seemed to go ok. From the my.nextdns.io page it says "This device is not using NextDNS.". I entered the DNS servers manually and I still get the same message. It says I'm using ”AMANAHA-NEW” as DNS resolver. I have no idea what that is!

I am using Merlin.

thanks
They look to be a cloud infrastructure provider in Canada. If that’s where you are, maybe they’re hosting the Nextdns stuff near you?

1675119171735.png

1675119285265.png

Set it up with DoT.

I know that well , good luck
It can be dicey. A quick trip out for them gave me some time. I made the changes and no luck, I get the same info screen. I also shut down my VPN (Nord) and used a different browser to get around any cached info.

The field 'Enable DNS-based Filtering' should that still be ON and pointing to Router?

thanks

The way I have mine set up is....

Lan , DHCP server , DNS server 1&2 both blank
DNS Director on , Global redirection set to router to force all traffic through WAN DoT
WAN DNS server blank , with DoT enabled

EDIT;; are you using the NextDNS CLI?

Last edited: