What's new

Nighthawk R9000 Eth1 and Eth2 interfaces

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

multicast

Regular Contributor
Hi All,

I'm trying to identify which ports in the back of the R9000 are eth1 and eth2 respectively, I know all are in the same switch but I want to break apart the switch and use those eth1 and eth2 independently, each has its own MAC address. Any ideas where do I need to look into the Voxel's FW for making this happen?

1640203341246.png

Last edited:
Not sure what you exactly want to achieve.

But if the R9000 is similar to the R7800 then the switch is configured in script /lib/cfgmgr/enet.sh

If that file doesn't exist, then you could try:
Code:
cd /rom
grep -ir swconfig
this shows all the files that use swconfig to manipulate/create switches.

showing the config for the current switch could probably (if switch name is the same) be done with:
Code:
swconfig dev switch0 show

Doesn't the R9000 also offer the option to use VLANs via GUI?? Then you could put each eth in a different VLAN

@R. Gerrits thank you so much for the info, I'll try it and let you know if works. I'm not using my X10 as a router but as an AP with my 10TB HDD attached to it, I currently have port 1 connected to a VLAN witch is connected to my EDGEROUTER, my idea is to create a separate port in a different subnet and VLAN to be attached to my router for my LAN, currently is attached to my Wireless VLAN, I want to bypass my router when someone try to use my NAS fro the wired LAN.

@R. Gerrits unfortunately swconfif isn't a command in my X10 running VOXEL's FW, file enet.sh exists but I only see ssd_sh being used for all the configuration, are you familiar with that command? Thanks in advance!

@R. Gerrits unfortunately swconfif isn't a command in my X10 running VOXEL's FW, file enet.sh exists but I only see ssd_sh being used for all the configuration, are you familiar with that command? Thanks in advance!
Nope.
But after looking at the GPL source for R9000, it seems that ssdk_sh seems similar to swconfig.
I assume it shows help if you call it without parameters. And perhaps by looking at the help and looking at the logic inside enet.sh, you can figure out how it works?

although I must say, it looks quite complicated, with the R9000 having 2 switches.
And some stuff being configured with ssdk_sh, without specifying a switch name.
And some stuff being configured with ssdk_sh_id.

Nope.
But after looking at the GPL source for R9000, it seems that ssdk_sh seems similar to swconfig.
I assume it shows help if you call it without parameters. And perhaps by looking at the help and looking at the logic inside enet.sh, you can figure out how it works?

although I must say, it looks quite complicated, with the R9000 having 2 switches.
And some stuff being configured with ssdk_sh, without specifying a switch name.
And some stuff being configured with ssdk_sh_id.
Well the thing is when I had it configured as a router I was able to create a VLAN using the build-in option in the GUI, so then I just removed the VLAN interface from the br0 and assigned it an completely different subnet and was able to see the router in that interface without looping or anything, in fact I configured a DHCP on it for my IPTV LAN only, now that I switched to the AP mode instead the VLAN menu is grayout and cannot do the same, that's why I'm trying to figure out how the GUI MENU did it so I can replicate it manually.

I'll try your suggestions, they are very appreciated.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!