What's new

No 2.4Ghz Wifi when USB Stick connected !?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Ysl

New Around Here
Hi
I have a RT-AC87U since almost a year...Everything worked well untill a few weeks ago...
I did no change of options or firmware before the issue
I did upgrade firmware to 380.57 from 380.55 (I think) to see if it solved the issue but NO
My router is switched on/off 2 times a day by a timer so no need to reboot...
If it switch on with the 128GB usb stick inserted (which work fine for download master etc..) I can see only 5Ghz wifi... If I unplug the USB stick, the 2.4 Ghz come back !?
I formated the usb stick and re-installed Download Master but still the same issue.
Hope someone will help me find a solution :)

Hi
I have a RT-AC87U since almost a year...Everything worked well untill a few weeks ago...
I did no change of options or firmware before the issue
I did upgrade firmware to 380.57 from 380.55 (I think) to see if it solved the issue but NO
My router is switched on/off 2 times a day by a timer so no need to reboot...
If it switch on with the 128GB usb stick inserted (which work fine for download master etc..) I can see only 5Ghz wifi... If I unplug the USB stick, the 2.4 Ghz come back !?
I formated the usb stick and re-installed Download Master but still the same issue.
Hope someone will help me find a solution :)

Try enabling the "Reducing USB 3.0 interference" under the Wireless->Professional tab for the 2.4GHz radio and reboot.

When you did your upgrade did you perform a factory default reset and setup the settings manually or use John9527's tool to restore?

Bad USB thumb drive perhaps?

As @Zirescu suggested - try the USB 3.o interference thing, but I'm thinking might be the drive itself...

Thanks for your help !
I tried restoring old settings from August 2015..same issue
Activated "Reducing USB 3.0" and it resolved the issue but now USB transfert rate is reduced also.
And I still don't understand why this issue came all by itself for no reasons (?)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!