What's new

"No free space" error on RT-AC86U running 384.13

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Yousif Kelaita

Occasional Visitor
My router is behaving abnormally with repeated errors in the log:

Aug 23 11:45:32 Crystal kernel: jffs2: Argh. No free space left for GC. nr_erasing_blocks is 0. nr_free_blocks is 0. (erasableempty: yes, erasingempty: yes, erasependingempty: yes)
Aug 23 11:45:32 Crystal kernel: jffs2: jffs2_reserve_space_gc of 196 bytes for garbage_collect_dnode failed: -28
Aug 23 11:45:32 Crystal kernel: jffs2: Error garbage collecting node at 02a00988!​

My /jffs is at 33/48 MB full, so I checked and noticed TrafficAnalyzer.db is the major culprit with 23 MB being used. I am trying to delete it but getting the error message:

rm: can't remove 'TrafficAnalyzer.db': No space left on device​

Any thoughts?

My router is behaving abnormally with repeated errors in the log:

Aug 23 11:45:32 Crystal kernel: jffs2: Argh. No free space left for GC. nr_erasing_blocks is 0. nr_free_blocks is 0. (erasableempty: yes, erasingempty: yes, erasependingempty: yes)
Aug 23 11:45:32 Crystal kernel: jffs2: jffs2_reserve_space_gc of 196 bytes for garbage_collect_dnode failed: -28
Aug 23 11:45:32 Crystal kernel: jffs2: Error garbage collecting node at 02a00988!​

My /jffs is at 33/48 MB full, so I checked and noticed TrafficAnalyzer.db is the major culprit with 23 MB being used. I am trying to delete it but getting the error message:

rm: can't remove 'TrafficAnalyzer.db': No space left on device​

Any thoughts?
Have you tried the create reset feature on the tools page?

Have you tried the create reset feature on the tools page?

Hello, thanks for the response.

Under Tools -> Other Settings, my traffic monitor was set to RAM, so I'm confused why there is even a TrafficAnalyzer.db file in my /jffs. I tried toggling the setting to get it to clear/reset but no luck.

Using the tools page and try to setup a new location and name and then go back and rm the original file you are having trouble removing. You could format the partition.

The Traffic Analyser and Traffic Monitor databases are two completely different things.

According to Merlin's post here it's not unusual for that file to grow to 30MB. So look for other causes of your problem.

Using the tools page and try to setup a new location and name and then go back and rm the original file you are having trouble removing. You could format the partition.

The Traffic Analyser and Traffic Monitor databases are two completely different things.

According to Merlin's post here it's not unusual for that file to grow to 30MB. So look for other causes of your problem.

Thanks for the thoughts.

It seems strange to me that I can't even delete the file if I want to. Is it possible to check for file system issues on /jffs? I'd rather not format the partition unless it's a last resort, lot of custom config there...

Turn off Traffic Analyzer before removing it.

Normally, that file should be trimmed to never grow beyond 30 MB, however I have seen the trim process fails occasionally, leading the file to grow even more.

You might also want to look for other files that might have grown abnormally within the /jffs partition.

Custom configs can easily be backed up to a USB disk before reformating, and copying them back.

Turn off Traffic Analyzer before removing it.

Normally, that file should be trimmed to never grow beyond 30 MB, however I have seen the trim process fails occasionally, leading the file to grow even more.

You might also want to look for other files that might have grown abnormally within the /jffs partition.

Custom configs can easily be backed up to a USB disk before reformating, and copying them back.

Thanks Merlin, I think I'll just format the jffs partition. Thanks for all you do!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!