No FTP access to AC68U

• ATTENTION! As of November 1, 2020, you are not able to reply to threads 6 months after the thread is opened if there are more than 500 posts in the thread.
    Threads will not be locked, so posts may still be edited by their authors.
    Just start a new thread on the topic to post if you get an error message when trying to reply to a thread.

Blacktop

New Around Here
Hello
I have AC66U-B1 with AC68U firmware. Everything's fine except:
1. FTP access to router. There is not FTP settings in router incl. on\off. So no FTP access.

2. When I change some settings or restart router I can not enter by telnet\ssh for some time. About 10 minutes I see in logs "bla-bla-bla nonexistent user. Then I get access. Why?

ColinTaylor

Part of the Furniture
The ftp settings are under USB Application > Servers Center > FTP Share. You do have a USB drive plugged in don't you?

ColinTaylor

Part of the Furniture
The only "special" setting I can think of is AiCloud's Cloud Disk which IIRC enables ftp access from the WAN.

Mr Tvardovsky

Occasional Visitor
You can also turn your FTP on or off through the Asus Router app. For me this is the most handy option if I need to unmount the drive just for a while, without changing other settings.

Won’t help with the #2 question :-(

JonEngland

Regular Contributor
there's an entware package for ftp if that helps, e.g
Code:
# opkg install openssh-sftp-server

Entware:

ColinTaylor

Part of the Furniture
there's an entware package for ftp if that helps, e.g
Code:
# opkg install openssh-sftp-server
That is actually SFTP which is a completely different protocol to FTP, and should also not be confused with FTPS (which is an extension to FTP).