1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

no hostnames on traffic analyzer

Discussion in 'Asuswrt-Merlin' started by andresmorago, Jun 21, 2018.

1. andresmorago

andresmorago Regular Contributor

Hello

Sorry if this is a repost of the same topic somewhere else.
    Im having issues when looking for devices at the traffic analizer page. I can see all of the IP's but not the hostnames, making it very difficult to understand which device is downloading/uploading.
    This issue started to happen not a while ago and i havent been able to fix it.
    Can you please advise?

I have a RT-AC68U running 384.5
    Enable IPTraffic (per IP monitoring) is ON

thanks
    andres

Attached Files:

2. Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!
  3. skeal

skeal Very Senior Member

Try using netstat options in network tools tab. This is the go to tool now...:D

4. andresmorago

hi skeal
    thanls for your reply. i just saw that tool but cannot understand how can this fix my issue on the network analizer tool. i would like to see hostnnames again there.

regards

5. skeal

skeal Very Senior Member

That is all closed source. Not in @RMerlin control.

6. andresmorago

so if i understand you correctly, with newer versions, we wont be able to see hostnames on the traffic analizer tool?

7. skeal

skeal Very Senior Member

Until Asus recognizes it as a problem and then notify Trend Micro to get it ironed out is like expecting the ice age soon.

Grisu likes this.
Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!