What's new

No internet connection : RT-AC68U_384.5_0

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Mohammad

New Around Here
Hello,
first, im a noob in network.

I got my RT-AC68U one month ago aproxemtly, i woke up in the morning with an error messge : no internet connetion (on the mobile and the pc).

i factory reset it , used the PPPoE with username and the password and i got connected to the internet for about 10 seconds then i got the error again. (i changed the router to older router and the internet is working fine but not on Asus Router)

i tried to mess with the setting, and changed the IP of the router and also got another 10 seconds of internet then nothing again.

i upgraded the firmware and downgraded it , contacted asus chat support with no result . they said send it back and they will replace it.
(i got from outside my country, no support of asus router here).

someone suggested that i use Asuswrt-Merlin .Done that and the same problem. (no internet connection even from the cable not only WiFi , but the homepage of the router saying its connected.

i don`t know if i`m posting it in the right please. i really really could use some help .

Thanks .

Last edited:
I’ve seen this recommend once. Worth a try.

Unplug your modem for 20-30 minutes. Sometimes ISP mac address of your prior router hasn’t cleared in their system. You could contact your ISP and ask what they have in their system.

Last edited:
Could you go to the Network Tools tab and see what happens when you press the Diagnose button so that you attempt to ping Google.

I’ve seen this recommend this once. Worth a try.

Unplug your modem for 20-30 minutes. Sometimes ISP mac address of your prior router hasn’t cleared in their system. You could contact your ISP and ask what they have in their system.
i did try that, i called the ISP they told me they didn't change anything .

Could you go to the Network Tools tab and see what happens when you press the Diagnose button so that you attempt to ping Google.

the diagnose stops at the Modem .
i tried to ping google and i get 100% loss .

Thanks for your replys i really appreciate it .

Mohammad,
You said if you connect using your old router, it works. It might be worth connecting your old router and looking in its GUI and making a note of all the relevant Admin and WAN settings/details. Then connecting the Asus router and seeing what the equivalent ones are. That might give you a clue.

But before that perhaps you could look in the Asus syslog and see if there’s anything that accounts for the change in status after the initial 10 seconds?

funny similar problem brought me here (devices say connected but no internet), and I already moved to the next firmware version 3.0.0.4.384_32799 (sep 18 update), perhaps i will try downgrading to 32738 above and see ...

funny similar problem brought me here (devices say connected but no internet), and I already moved to the next firmware version 3.0.0.4.384_32799 (sep 18 update), perhaps i will try downgrading to 32738 above and see ...
Make sure you reset to defaults and don't import any saved settings. Start with nothing but a internet connection.

Also make sure you reboot your modem and wait until it is up and running before starting your router.

thank you master skeal, the force was strong and after reflashing sep firmware by LAN (vs normally by wifi, i know, by wifi is lazy and could be risky), factory resetting router from start, and following the boot order you suggested, all is set up again and running normally...

Hello, same problem here..i did al this but did not helped. I have connection but very slow. Incoming speed is 250mb/s but speedcheck says no connection. If i change the server in Astrill it keeps spinning but does not connect. Who can help? Thanks.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Members online