What's new

No ‘LOCK’ Icon at ASUS Router Login

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hobett

New Around Here
Im New here and have a ASUS RT-AC68U router. I wanted to check for any firmware upgrades for my router.

I went to router.asus.com/main_login.asp site/page.

I entered my user name and password and the ASUS router screen came up and I reviewed all the router info and checked for any firmware updates.

The thing I noticed was that at the router.asus.com/main_login.asp site/page there was NO Lock Icon in the title bar. I use Firefox, if that makes any difference.

The questions are , did I enter my information into a unsecured site? And why is there not a Lock Icon for the ASUS router login? Is there some other site I should be using?

I also have a ASUS site account , that has a Lock Icon, but that seems to be separate from the Router login. Any comments are appreciated.

No, it does not.

Attachments

• 14C1A585-C113-451F-9B05-6728F3C6BCA9.jpeg
    14C1A585-C113-451F-9B05-6728F3C6BCA9.jpeg
    37.5 KB · Views: 983
router.asus.com is directly on your device, it's not on the Internet. Unless you don't trust your local network, then it's fine.

HTTPS support can be enabled on the Administration -> System page if desired. Do note the default port number is 8443 and not 443.

router.asus.com is directly on your device, it's not on the Internet. Unless you don't trust your local network, then it's fine.

HTTPS support can be enabled on the Administration -> System page if desired. Do note the default port number is 8443 and not 443.

Thanks. I think I am good with your information.

Last edited: