What's new

No more DHCP messages in syslog ?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

GSpock

Hi,
I just noticed that I have no more messages related to DHCP (DHCPOFFER etc ...) in syslog although I have not changed the parameter in GUI (Hide DHCP/RA queries is still to No).
Any idea how to get them back ?
thx,
GS

Do you have Diversion installed with logging enabled? That redirects dnsmasq messages to a separate file instead of syslog.

Do you have Diversion installed with logging enabled? That redirects dnsmasq messages to a separate file instead of syslog.
Thanks Dave, Diversion is not installed (neither entware).
GS

Have you changed the syslog level (System Log - General Log)? DHCP messages are at the info level.
Thanks ; no it is still at default value ...

1630932331497.png

It could be that those messages are not written after the last firmware update ...

That's your problem. "info" is not the default logging level, it should be "debug".

"Log only messages more urgent than"

That's your problem. "info" is not the default logging level, it should be "debug".

"Log only messages more urgent than"
Thank you. I do not recall having changed that but obviously I did ... and indeed, debug gives messages back.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!