What's new

no route to host

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

xvtstephen

New Around Here
on rt-n600

I start an ftp server app on an android device, which is a client on my router and try to connect to it from another client using filezilla. error message is no route to host.
I am using the explicit IP, which is like 192.168.50.xx so there cannot be DNS resolution issues (I think) it seems the router is blocking one client from FTPing to another. sent 4 messages to asus support and all reps seem to be clueless idiots, so I am posting here. never had this problem with other routers, where FTP, telnet etc had to be explicitly allowed. this asus does not have a setting for allowing FTP.
Is it possible the router simply does not support FTP between its own clients??

If both devices are connected locally then the router can't be blocking the traffic because it isn't going through the router, it's being switched. The only exception I can think of is if you are connecting to a guest wireless network and/or you have set AP isolation on.

If both devices are connected locally then the router can't be blocking the traffic because it isn't going through the router, it's being switched. The only exception I can think of is if you are connecting to a guest wireless network and/or you have set AP isolation on.

yes, both are connected locally via wifi. pls clarify what is the isolation and how to turn off. if there is a specific test I can do in Filezilla let me know.
the network is classified as private, guest is not allowed, only login with password.

Go to Advanced Settings > Wireless > Professional. Select the 2.4GHz band from the drop-down. Check that "Set AP isolated" is "No".

Do the same check for the 5GHz band.

Go to General > Guest Network and make sure that none of the 6 networks are enabled.

Check connectivity by doing a ping from the client to the Android device's IP address.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!