What's new

No usb with 380.68_2

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

joeejo

Occasional Visitor
Asus RT-AC66U

Installed 380.68_2 and no longer would recognize my USB stick.

I downgraded to 380.68_0 and USB returned.

Has anyone else experienced this? Or is it just me?

Unrelated to the firmware, there's been no change to the USB code between the two.

Thank you for the prompt response. Any suggestions on what I might check to correct this?

Look at the system log for any error message at mount time.

Thank you for the prompt response. Any suggestions on what I might check to correct this?

The newer NTFS drivers cause some serious issues so if you're using that, I suggest avoiding it like the plague & migrate to EXT3. I've corrupted every NTFS drive I've attached to the router. The NTFS drivers on John's build are legacy & don't have the corruption issues.

Look at the system log for any error message at mount time.
When I reboot and then run "Health Scanner". I get :
Sep 14 08:44:00 Samba_Server: daemon is started
Sep 14 08:44:00 smbd[7145]: [2017/09/14 08:44:00.029384, 0] lib/pidfile.c:146(pidfile_create)
Sep 14 08:44:00 smbd[7145]: ERROR: smbd is already running. File /var/run/samba/smbd.pid exists and process id 2010 is running.
Sep 14 08:44:00 rc_service: disk_monitor 1398:notify_rc start_mt_daapd
Sep 14 08:44:00 rc_service: waitting "start_dms" via disk_monitor ...
Sep 14 08:44:01 disk_monitor: done
I get an error. If I run it again. It works okay and says the USB disk is okay!
I use NTFS so I can transfer files from my pc to the router.
I don't have a Linux pc.

When I reboot and then run "Health Scanner". I get :
Sep 14 08:44:00 Samba_Server: daemon is started
Sep 14 08:44:00 smbd[7145]: [2017/09/14 08:44:00.029384, 0] lib/pidfile.c:146(pidfile_create)
Sep 14 08:44:00 smbd[7145]: ERROR: smbd is already running. File /var/run/samba/smbd.pid exists and process id 2010 is running.
Sep 14 08:44:00 rc_service: disk_monitor 1398:notify_rc start_mt_daapd
Sep 14 08:44:00 rc_service: waitting "start_dms" via disk_monitor ...
Sep 14 08:44:01 disk_monitor: done
I get an error. If I run it again. It works okay and says the USB disk is okay!
I use NTFS so I can transfer files from my pc to the router.
I don't have a Linux pc.
If you use EXT and router is OK with it, use WinSCP to copy between PC and router.

If you use EXT and router is OK with it, use WinSCP to copy between PC and router.
Thanks, Jack!
I will try to implement that if I can. I have WinSCP set up and use it occasionally. Just easier(Lazyness) for us dedicated Windows users to use NTFS I guess.

Thanks, Jack!
I will try to implement that if I can. I have WinSCP set up and use it occasionally. Just easier(Lazyness) for us dedicated Windows users to use NTFS I guess.
I'm primarily a Windows user, but NTFS is Microsoft tech that doesn't always play nice in Linux.
If anything copying across the network is easier than having to physically move the drive between router and PC!

I'm primarily a Windows user, but NTFS is Microsoft tech that doesn't always play nice in Linux.
If anything copying across the network is easier than having to physically move the drive between router and PC!
That is very true! I never thought of it that way.
Thanks again!
Hey, Jack!
I have a question.
Which format do you recommend(i.e. EXT 2, EXT 4)?

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!