What's new

No WiFi after power lost.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

kokein

New Around Here
Hi,

Have you experienced such behavior that after losing power, the router wakes up but the WiFi network does not work on it? Sometimes 2.4g and sometimes 5g, sometimes no LAN communication... Resetting the device or restarting does not help. The only thing I noticed that worki was turning off the device and waiting a dozen or so minutes. Often after that, the router wakes up normally, but not always. Or it is able to make a fw. "re-Flash".

Asus AX88u, latest Marlin fw.

All the best, Nick.

Hi,

Have you experienced such behavior that after losing power, the router wakes up but the WiFi network does not work on it? Sometimes 2.4g and sometimes 5g, sometimes no LAN communication... Resetting the device or restarting does not help. The only thing I noticed that worki was turning off the device and waiting a dozen or so minutes. Often after that, the router wakes up normally, but not always. Or it is able to make a fw. "re-Flash".

Asus AX88u, latest Marlin fw.

All the best, Nick.

If you truly mean:
no WiFi signals
no LAN communication between router/wired clients
can not upload OEM firmware

And:
your AC power is working within spec
the router AC/DC power adapter is working within spec
a PC wired to your ISP equipment works ok

Then, I would consider replacing the router and keeping it on a UPS.

OE

---

Then, I would consider replacing the router and keeping it on a UPS.
---
OE
Exactly. I also had this idea. However, the router came back from a warranty "repair" where no problems were found.
A UPS is actually a good idea. Probably the only solution that saves me.

However, I thought that someone has already encountered this and maybe there is some other solution to it.
My voltage dropouts are very rare. And sometimes the router wakes up by itself. The strange thing is, the "simple" Reset doesn't help.

Nick

However, the router came back from a warranty "repair" where no problems were found.

ASUS found no issues? Did they examine the power adapter?

Maybe some other connected equipment/damaged cabling is pulling down the router... are you troubleshooting with all other equipment disconnected?

Does the issue only occur when the power is disrupted? Can you cause the issue by pulling the router plug while not disturbing the connected equipment?

The strange thing is, the "simple" Reset doesn't help.

I would not expect a firmware reset to clear a hardware defect. I'm suspecting bad/poor power, router hardware, connected equipment hardware.

My approach to these niggling issues is to rule things out and narrow it down to replacing equipment, sooner than later, to maintain QoS for the users. You might buy some time if the issue does not occur while using a UPS.

OE

Are these voltage droops or complete outage ?

either way, get a ups for the router. Something that will provide enough time to get through most of your outages.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!