What's new

amtm NTP not ready/Lock File Found ... help!

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Skeptical.me

Very Senior Member
Thanks for reviewing this issue.

As you can see in the first image, after I select "U" "Check For Script Updates" I received an error: "NTP not ready, check that the router time is synced".

Screen Shot 2021-06-02 at 1.59.45 pm.png

Then when I try to access ntpMerlin "j2" I receive an error: "Lock File Found (age: 581 seconds) - stopping to prevent duplicate runs"

Screen Shot 2021-06-02 at 1.59.13 pm.png

I am a bit lost in understanding what these errors actually are and how to resolve them, any direction is greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.

My scripts have a 10 minute lock file to stop things tripping over each other, but usually they're cleared within seconds after the script actions complete.

NTP not syncing means your router can't set the time. Check which ntp servers you're using in Administration, they may need updating

I had a power fluctuation that knocked my network down early this morning and that ^ is what I woke to. It's taken a couple of reboots, but I'm mostly back in business.
The Addons tab in the GUI is still missing spdMerlin and ntpMerlin
Yesterday's (?) ntpMerlin update had a setting that when engaged limits that (NTP not sync'ed) or prevents it in these situations, correct?
I seem to recall seeing discussion about moving it from where it lives to somewhere else, folder-wise...services-start perhaps?
@Jack Yaz maybe you can straighten out my fuzzy remembrances?

I had a power fluctuation that knocked my network down early this morning and that ^ is what I woke to. It's taken a couple of reboots, but I'm mostly back in business.
The Addons tab in the GUI is still missing spdMerlin and ntpMerlin
Yesterday's (?) ntpMerlin update had a setting that when engaged limits that (NTP not sync'ed) or prevents it in these situations, correct?
I seem to recall seeing discussion about moving it from where it lives to somewhere else, folder-wise...services-start perhaps?
@Jack Yaz maybe you can straighten out my fuzzy remembrances?
ntpmerlin doesn't start until NTP on the router itself has sync'd, so shouldn't be causing any sync issues.

My scripts have a 10 minute lock file to stop things tripping over each other, but usually they're cleared within seconds after the script actions complete.

NTP not syncing means your router can't set the time. Check which ntp servers you're using in Administration, they may need updating

Thanks for the reply, appreciated it.

The first NTP server is "pool.ntp.org"

And the secondary is blank.