Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

NTP Not working - Asus RT-AC3200 with Merlin 380.65

Discussion in 'Asuswrt-Merlin' started by Beaseac, Feb 17, 2017 at 10:24 AM.

Tags:
  1. Beaseac

Beaseac New Around Here

I have recently been having problems with my router and NTP not working correctly. It seems to work after the first firmware flash but then stops working after that. Any reboots resets the time and date which causes the AIProtection to no longer work correctly amongst other things. If I look in the logs I see "Feb 17 10:17:36 ntp: start NTP update" followed by "Feb 17 10:17:51 ntp: start NTP update" and so on filling up the logs.

Is there anything I can do to further troubleshoot this or any solutions? Also, if I try to remote in and do a manual ntpclient update I get a message indicating it's happening followed by a terminated message.

Thanks,

Adam

2. Beaseac

Beaseac New Around Here

Thinking back I remember it was working fine before I enabled IPV6. I went back and disabled IPV6 and it seems to have resolved the NTP issue. Is there a conflict with NTP and IPV6?

3. Fitz Mutch

Fitz Mutch Regular Contributor

How to see if it's listening:
    Code:
    lsof -iUDP | grep ntpd