What's new

Solved NTP Time bug

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

corcoran

New Around Here
Hi - my Asus RT-AX88U has stopped reporting time correctly after a reboot (defaults to May 2018). It will not sync time. I'm in the UK so it smells like daylight savings timezone related.

If I log in via ssh and date --set to the correct time, I then get an error in the system log

May 5 05:05:30 wsdd2[1759]: Terminated received.
Nov 16 12:29:00 crond[1441]: time disparity of 2385079 minutes detected

I've reflashed to 386.8 but problem remains. Please fix!

Works fine on my ax88u.
Try to set another NPT server and service restart_ntp
To see if it solves it for you.

Thanks @Zastoff - this has been working flawlessly until the last week when I noticed the date/time issue.

I've swapped in another NTP server and run 'service restart_ntp' whilst SSH'd in, but in the GUI it still says " * Reminder: The system time has not been synchronized with an NTP server. FAQ"

Hi - my Asus RT-AX88U has stopped reporting time correctly after a reboot (defaults to May 2018). It will not sync time. I'm in the UK so it smells like daylight savings timezone related.

If I log in via ssh and date --set to the correct time, I then get an error in the system log

May 5 05:05:30 wsdd2[1759]: Terminated received.
Nov 16 12:29:00 crond[1441]: time disparity of 2385079 minutes detected

I've reflashed to 386.8 but problem remains. Please fix!
Try using
Code:
time.cloudflare.com
as a NTP server. Works fine on my AX86U

No but hang on - think my ISP has changed my WAN IP and this has had a knock-on effect with my DNS configs. Hang on folks, just kickin' NordVPN SmartDNS! Will report back shortly. Thanks for rubber duck'ing with me :)