1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Number of allowed powerline adapters

Discussion in 'MoCA, HomePlug, HPNA' started by KauaiGuy, Feb 22, 2018.

1. KauaiGuy

KauaiGuy New Around Here

How many powerline adapters can be in a home system? I seem to be running into a problem with my TP-Link adapters which seem to limit the number of adapters at 5. Is this correct?

2. Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!
  3. Internet Man

Internet Man Senior Member

4. sfx2000

sfx2000 Part of the Furniture

AV1000 and above - I would say around 6 to 8 - it's the time sharing thing with HomePlug AV...

5. KauaiGuy

KauaiGuy New Around Here

Thanks. In my case, 5 seems to be the limit.

6. Samir

Samir Very Senior Member

Interesting. This is good to know if you have a lot of PL adapters on your network.

Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!