What's new

Number of clients is always 0 for Firmware 384.12

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

hihihihohoho

Occasional Visitor
Hi,

I updated from 380.x to 384.12. The number of clients always shows 0. Does anyone else has the same issue?

Thanks!

Number of clients is showing correctly on my RT-AC68U with 384.12. Currently showing 9. :)

Assuming you are referring to the info as shown in this screen cap.

Image1.jpg

Hi,

I updated from 380.x to 384.12. The number of clients always shows 0. Does anyone else has the same issue?

Thanks!

And after you flashed 384.12, you did a full reset to factory defaults and then minimally and manually configured the router to secure it and connect to your ISP (without using any saved backup config file)?

Does a reboot help? (Both of the router and the client devices)?

The M&M Config in my signature below may be of help if you did not perform any of the above (reset). :)

I think anyone that upgrades from 380.x to 384.12 may have the same issue. :)

Hi,

Thanks!
Have you changed your LAN subnet mask from 255.255.255.0? That could break Network Map.

I have had the same issue since 384.11 but haven't yet felt like rebuilding my DHCP after a reset to see if that fixes the issue.

Thanks everyone!

Here is what I did:
Router in media mode (I use it to receive wifi for my LAN only PC, I switched to xfinity, have a modem near my router, so I no longer need the use media mode) -> Firmware update -> set router to router mode and changed wifi SSID (can't access internet) -> set router to AP mode (only one machine can access internet) -> factory reset -> set router to router mode (can't access internet) -> reboot router and waited some time (internet ok) -> clients count is 0 -> reboot router / computer -> nothing changes.

I am guessing it's the clients are somehow still using the old DHCP lease?

Edit: renewed DHCP lease from my mac, but client count is still 0.

Clients actually shows up in "Tools", but clients in "Network Map" is still 0:

Under Tools:
Ethernet Ports
Port
VLAN Link State Last Device Seen
WAN 2 1000 Full Duplex 00:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
LAN 1 1 Unplugged <none>
LAN 2 1 1000 Full Duplex aaa
LAN 3 1 1000 Full Duplex ubuntu-vm (switching between ubuntu-vm and bbb, they share a single LAN port)
LAN 4 1 Unplugged <none>
Wireless Clients (2.4 GHz) Associated: 5 - Authorized: 5 - Authenticated: 5
Wireless clients (5 GHz) Associated: 4 - Authorized: 4 - Authenticated: 4

Please see my reply above.

Btw, in "Network map", ethernet ports shows correctly too:
Ethernet Ports:
Ports Status
WAN 1 Gbps
LAN 1 Unplugged
LAN 2 1 Gbps
LAN 3 1 Gbps
LAN 4 Unplugged

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!