What's new

nVidia Jetson TK1 Dev Board - $99 (coupon code inside)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sfx2000

Part of the Furniture
Make Magazine and nVidia are doing a special on the Tegra K1 (ARMv7-A 32 bit) TK1 Dev Board

Go to the nVidia store and enter coupon code MAKEJTK1

Last edited:
I think that is the 32bit CPU, quad-core.
The 64-bit is the "Denver", dual-core.

Man, I am tempted, but the potential incompatabilities of these mobile SoC's holds me back. For ~$100 it is so tempting though!

Are you planning to get one, if so, what is the intended purpose?

Even if you are not getting one, can you share an idea or two that the thing could be used for?

It can run Plex, which is pretty great.

Well, it can pretty much run anything that you could run on an nVidia shield with enough work..

If one wanted to tinker about with Cuda coding, nice little box to play with...

Create a small NAS or Router/AP perhaps? The Mini-PCIe slot, along with onboard SATA and multiple USB ports...

if only plex could use the GPU. If it means half price for their dev boards i would love to get their recent ones.

Looking at the specs it is a 32 bit quad core ARM A15. Even though it isnt a 64 bit ARM with the new ARM architecture it is still faster than the low power 64 bit ARM. A lot of recent chips that have 4 64 bit ARM cores have 2 different dual cores a bit like putting the ARM A15 with the ARM A7 so this chipset is meant for power efficient server tasks. It would have more horsepower to run plex.

But even without the CPU power for plex it does have a GPU and you could encode your media files using it. The GPU is equivalent to the lowest end laptop kepler based GPU so it does also make a good TV box and unlike a lot of ARM based TV boxes, even the 64 bit ones this has gigabit ethernet and usb3.

It does really suck that i cannot use this promotion in the UK and that the suppliers in the UK are massively overpriced however the reason for this promotion is because it is going to be discontinued and they would be coming out with a new one soon.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!