What's new

Nvidia Shield Pro with ASUS RT-AC86U running Merlin 384.14

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

dylanmitchell

Regular Contributor
Just picked up an Nvidia Shield Pro and can't get it to connect to wi-fi or hardwired ethernet. Plugged the Nvidia in, followed the steps to sync with my Android phone but that didn't work so it prompted me to connect to wi-fi. I tried my 5Ghz and 2.4 GHz connection than hardwired to the modem with an ethernet patch cord. Still didn't work so I connected the patch cord to my laptop verified itt worked and put the patch cord back on the Nvidia. Also tried a few other cords but still won't connect.

Running Merlin 384.14 and Perfect Privacy VPN but I have the VPN both bypassed to WAN and turned to off position and have the selection set to off.

Attachments

• Snip 2.jpg
    Snip 2.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 307
  • Snip 1.jpg
    Snip 1.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 401
  • Snip 3.jpg
    Snip 3.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 331
Shield owner too, problem with connectivity when ipv6 is activated in the shield. Solved by disabling ipv6
Problem already reported on Nvidia forums, first thing tried, disabled IPV6 into the shield and reboot the box

Shield owner too, problem with connectivity when ipv6 is activated in the shield. Solved by disabling ipv6

That's interesting, I wonder if its ISP specific. I have FIOS gig and IPV6 is active in my town. My Shield Pro works fine with IPV6 and even shows valid 4 and 6 addresses in the interface.

Or is it just a link-local bug if someone isnt' using IPV6 ....

RT-3100 in my house

I got a Shield TV running fine with IPv6 on (SLAAC since Android doesn't support DHCPv6). No issues, but I also use another router, an R7800

SNB and Nvidia forums discuss similar issues with the initial set up. Disabled IPV6, rebooted router, and was able to set up using my android mobile phone. Renabled IPV6 and it's working fine with it enabled and the glitch seems to be a problem at the initial set up. IPS is Cox San Diego.

Liking the Shield so far but It's missing few channels like Animal Planet so I'll probably keep the Roku and I have to tweak a few setting on the Harmony Hub to get it to control the Shield.

Thanks for the help!

not that it helps, but I have two Shield TVs, both hardwired, and have never had any issues with connectivity. I have used router based VPN in the past, but now use Shield based VPN apk instead....for no other reason than I like to be able to switch servers a bit easier in case speed becomes an issue. Not sure if your VPN provider has an apk.....

Got it up and running and the Sheild Pro has some power behind it with the Tegra X1+ and the 3GB RAM. Got the Pro fo plex, USB ports, and more RAM. It is missing a few features and channels Roku has but I was able to sideload Animal Planet, Discovery, and LiveXLive (used to by Slacker radio). Side loaded channels need a mouse or touchpad so I ordered the Logitech K830 keyboard that should solve the problem.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!