1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

OCed 68u overheating - looking to restore original

Discussion in 'Asuswrt-Merlin' started by ironv, Aug 22, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ironv

ironv New Around Here

I have a couple of RT-AC68Us (orig T-Mo CellSpots) which are running Merlin 384.13. Couple of months ago I OC'ed them to 1000,800. I now find that the temps are VERY high (2.4 GHz: 54°C; 5 GHz: 57°C; CPU: 90°C) even with very little load. The clock speeds were 800,666. I am trying to "down clock" it back to the original speed using
    nvram set clkfreq=800,666
    nvram commit && reboot

When I check after the nvram commit, it shows the set clock speeds. But after the reboot it goes back to 1000,800. I looked under /jffs/scripts and there is nothing; I have not set up any startup scripts. I also tried to reboot from the browser after running the commit in the PuTTY/SSH session. No use. Any ideas?

2. skeal

skeal Part of the Furniture

Read this and other stickies about your unit. https://www.snbforums.com/threads/a...d-forks-on-non-asus-devices-is-illegal.44636/

ItsMeDude and martinr like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.