Odd behavior after Upgrading from 384.15 to newest 386.3_2

DarnellG

Regular Contributor
I flashed my RT-AX88U to the newest firmware then I restored to initialize the settings, rebooted and then pulled the power plug for 2 minutes and booted the modem. Everything seems to work fine but something is buggy in the "Network Map" screen. When I click on the button with the computer icon just above the "View List" test in the middle of the screen, that brings up the Online,Wired and Wireless clients. After a few seconds the Wired tab disappears and it says "No data in table" and a couple seconds after the tab reappears and it doesn't do this again till I click the button with the computer icon again. Check out this sort video I made to show what I mean. I had to zoom on the screen to not show all my personal data but you can see what happens.
 

AndreiV

Very Senior Member
It pays to read the release notes prior to upgrading, you moved from the 384 to 386 code base.

- NOTE: Some users upgrading might have to go through some
database maintenance on first boot, which means the
router might be slower or have a non-responsive webui
for a while.
This can take anywhere from 5 minutes up to an hour,
depending on your model, just give it time to complete
the process.


RELEASE NOTES
 
Last edited:

DarnellG

Regular Contributor
I read that, its been 2 days since I upgraded so well over an hour and its still doing this. Any other ideas what could be causing this?
 

L&LD

Part of the Furniture
It's not quite clear, but did you use a saved backup config file?
 

Domeus

New Around Here
I have exactly the same behavior with my RT-AC86U router and 386.3_2 FW. Have been long time. Also sometimes client list freeze totally, and not updating disconnect / connected devices.
 

DarnellG

Regular Contributor
No I manually inputted all my settings. Also during the first flash of 386 firmware my gui became unresponsive, i thought something had gone wrong, after reading here it seems like I shoild have waited. The gui was so slow i pulled the plug. It came back up i then reset to default settings and the router was responsive. I noticed the odd behavior in my gui like i mentioned in my first post. I reflashed with the latest firmware again. Cycled the power on the router and reconfigured my router. No change in my initial problem. When i reflashed the router didnt default to the normal 192.168.1.1 instead it stayed on the ip that it was before upgrading.
 

DarnellG

Regular Contributor
I just reflashed a 3rd time and then reset with the checkbox to reinitialuze the defaut settings and after the reboot the router wizard comes up but the router ip is still the old IP not the default 192.168.1.1 why isnt my router resetting to defaults? How to fix?
 

DarnellG

Regular Contributor
I tried the nuclear reset using the WPS button and no matter what I do the IP never defaults to the default IP. When the router reboots, it uses the same IP it was set on the old 384 firmware and the DHCP server is running too because my ethernet card gets assigned the same IP that the DHCP server always previously assigned to my desktop computer. What is going on here??? This router has been running fine for months.
 

ColinTaylor

Part of the Furniture
What do you think the default IP address should be? For the RT-AX88U it's usually 192.168.50.1.
 

DarnellG

Regular Contributor
LOL thanks for the wake up call, I havent touched this router for over a year. I completely forgot that it doesn't boot up on 192.168.1.1 on this one. It comes back on 192.168.50.1 like you said.

The issue in the first post still prevails though. Also when I rename the clients in the List that pops up it doesn't seem to stick with the client list that you bring up by clicking on the button with the computer icon. I had to rename several clients twice by double clicking the client in the left side of the gui before it would stick
 

ColinTaylor

Part of the Furniture
The issue in the first post still prevails though.
I don't normally look at that screen but I think I see what you mean.

What I see happening is this:
1. Click on the PC icon above View List
2. The Client status panel opens on the right showing the Online, Wired and Wireless tabs.
3. Don't touch anything but just wait about 5 seconds. The Wired tab disappears.
4. Wait about 3 seconds and the tab reappears.

My guess it that it's just the initial process of scanning the devices on the LAN and replacing the old list with a new one. I can't say it's something I would give a second thought to.
 

Similar threads

Sign Up For SNBForums Daily Digest

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!
Top